[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rob Parker <rob dot parker at keycom dot co dot uk>
 To:  vgaudin at monalisa dot fr, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Dynamic captive portail
 Date:  Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:44:27 -0000
Nomadix produce the USG and AG series of network service engines which do
what you describe.

Colubris Networks also produce the CN3500 (or at least they did - i believe
it is an MGW3500/MGW3200 now?) which is a Linux-based solution which does
something very similar but with many more functions than the Nomadix NSE's.
I'm sure there are others as well which are no doubt cheaper than Cisco :)

It's a nice idea to have, but it can cause more problems than it is worth in
my experience with Nomadix. It doesn't always seem to function 'just quite
right'.

Rob.