[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Braden McGrath <braden at big dash geek dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: UPnP as a possible future option?
 Date:  Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:30:22 +0000 (UTC)
Mas Libman <mas <at> masandwendy.com> writes:

> (Braden, you might take a look at Smoothwall.org if UPNP is that important.)

I'll keep it in mind, but last I was aware Smoothwall doesn't run on Soekris
hardware.  :(  I have a net48xx and the silence and low heat output are
important due to the location of the router.  If I could get Smoothwall to run
on it, then I'd go that route, but to my knowledge it's not a supported
configuration, even if I throw a huge CF card in it.

It's kind of sad when most $50 cheap-o home routers support UPnP, but it isn't
even offered as an *option* in m0n0, which is supposed to be a superior
solution.  I'm not suggesting that UPnP should be enabled by default or anything
insane like that, but I can't imagine that it is too hard to add...

Or maybe it is, I can say after checking out the current (sorry) state of UPnP
development for BSD.  :(

Guess I'll just have to live with it then.