[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall Live cd development environment?
 Date:  Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:01:31 -0500
On 11/30/05, PlanAlpha <plan dot alpha at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I was thinking, for the occasional customization, a "m0n0Live" cd
> would be nice. It could have all of the tools/scripts to unzip,
> customize, and re-create the image. Could the livecd from Chris' site
> be used for this?

Hmm..  Yeah, you could probably use it (though it's woefully out of
date right now).  The workon.sh script [1] is what I use to make the
other custom images on my site.  Should be able to fetch it onto the
live CD and use it from there.

1 - http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=20

Or, FreeSBIE (http://freesbie.org) might be a better option as of now,
since you can get into a GUI, download the latest m0n0wall image and
workon.sh, and go from there.

I can't think of any reason off the top of my head that it wouldn't
work, but I can't say that I've tried it either.  If you do try it,
I'd like to hear if you have any luck.

-Chris