[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Wass <mark dot wass at market dash analyst dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall Routing and NAT Question
 Date:  Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:13:00 +1000
Hi Chris

I'm stuck again, here's a refresher.

       Server#1 192.168.3.20/24

          |LAN IP 192.168.3.1/24
      ---------
      monowall#1
      ---------
          |WAN IP = 10.0.0.1/30
          |

          |WAN IP = 10.0.0.2/30
      ---------
      monowall#2
      ---------
          |OPT1 IP 192.168.22.1/24
          |

          |eth0 IP = 192.168.22.3/24
     ------------
     Linux Router
     ------------
          |eth1 IP = 192.168.100.1/24

       Server#2 192.168.100.2/24

So far my routing allows me to ping from Server#1 all the way through to
192.168.22.3 (Linux Router)

Server#2 can ping all the way to 10.0.0.1 (monowall#1)

I'm getting stuck on the static routing, heres what I have:

Advanced outbound NAT turn on at both monowalls

monowall#1 default gateway is 10.0.0.2
monowall#2 default gaetway is 10.0.0.1
Linux Router default gateway is 192.168.22.1 (Is this correct for
allowing Server#1 to connect to Server#2?)

STATIC ROUTES
=============

monowall#1
---------   -------            -------
INTERFACE   NETWORK            GATEWAY
---------   -------            -------
WAN         192.168.100.0/24   10.0.0.2
WAN         192.168.22.0/24    10.0.0.2

monowall#2
---------   -------            -------
INTERFACE   NETWORK            GATEWAY
WAN         192.168.3.0/24     10.0.0.1
OPT1        192.168.100.0/24   192.168.22.3

Linux Router
INTERFACE   NETWORK            GATEWAY
no static routes added, default gateway is 192.168.22.1

I need to be able to ping from Server#1 to Server#2 and vice versa.

Where am I going wrong?