[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ed Chatlos" <edchat at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  "M0n0Wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] R: [m0n0wall] WRT54GS
 Date:  Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:36:51 -0500
There really is NO comparison between a Linksys WRT and a any hardware
running M0n0. Which is best depends on what you need. To be honest none of
the WRT series routers are very good. The big deal with the WRT's is the
ability to load aftermarket firmware's that include some features Linksys
never intended to run on those boxes and the WiFi power boost feature. If it
wasn't for that the WRT would be just another run of the mill wireless
router. You really do get what you pay for.

Ed Chatlos

Da: James W. McKeand [mailto:james at mckeand dot biz]

A: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Oggetto: RE: [m0n0wall] WRT54GS

Emanuele Baglini wrote:
> It's possible to install m0n0wall on a Linksys WRT54GS?

M0n0wall will run only on x86 hardware. The Linksys is not x86 - I don't
know what type of processor, but it is not x86.