[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron with Morad" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Bridging OPT with WAN Problems
 Date:  Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:22:30 -0700
I tried looking here...

http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/troubleshooting-bridging.html for help...  but, as you can see, it goes
to the "IPsec Site to Site VPN" page.

So, I am trying to set up a bridge from one of my OPT interfaces to the WAN.  I created a VLAN
(OPT12, VID 2525), enabled it and chose to "Bridge with WAN".  In Advanced I left "Enable filtering
bridge" unchecked for now for testing.  I am able to ping the WAN address of the m0n0wall but not
anything past it.  I added a switch to the WAN of the m0n0wall to try from there and I was able to
ping my providers gateway, but not from the bridge side.  Strange that I could ping the m0n0wall WAN
but not anything outside of it - bridge must not be working.  I looked at the logs but can not see
anything being blocked on the bridge side.  I am using Lex Systems CV860 with 3 Realtek NICs - LAN
is not connected.  I have tried a reboot to see if that helped and nothing changed - still no
bridge.  Does anyone have anything else for me to check?

Thanks.

Aaron