[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alain Fauconnet <alain at ait dot ac dot th>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  modified FreeRADIUS checkrad program to support M0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:14:25 +0700
Hello readers,

If anyone is interested, I've just cooked a patch to the checkrad Perl
script that comes with FreeRADIUS (v1.0.5) to support M0n0wall.
This program queries RASes for logged in users to implement
session concurrency limit accurately. It includes support to do it
over SNMP over a wide range of RASes, over telnet to some others.

I've added code to query the captive portal status page over http[s].
and parse the HTML output. Of course it will break if the format of the
page changes... but I don't see any other way, or is there?
SNMP doesn't seem to carry that information in M0n0wall.

I'll send a context diff to anyone who asks for it, or put it online
if there's more than a few requests. Don't know if the FreeRADIUS
people will take it as a submission...

Greets,
_Alain_