[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  florian broder <flobroed at googlemail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall on WRAP
 Date:  Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:37:41 +0100
Hi.

I'm planning to switch from my AVM Fritz Box to a WRAP board, running
m0n0wall.

Usually my home-computer is switched off, when I'm at work (6-18 o clock).
Therefore I see no point in why the router should be constantly online and
switch it off too (just pull the plug). When beeing plugged in, the Fritz
Box is online in about 20-30 seconds.

I'm thinking of doing the same with the WRAP box. Question is, if m0n0wall
"likes" that kind of behavior of "just pulling the plug" or if I experience
some kind of damage or file corruption over the time.

Thanks a lot.

Bye.