[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi at oav dot net>
 To:  Mas Libman <mas at masandwendy dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: UPnP as a possible future option?
 Date:  Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:56:10 +0100
IMHO I think UPnP is dangerous beast... Because of the way on how is
made some M$ thingies uPnP can whole open a firewall and make it useless...

uPnP has been done for lame users that don't know what firewall / nat
is, m0n0 is for people that want to rely on efficient system (same as
pfsense tooo...).

But this is my point of vue, but I dunno if m0n0 or pfSence developpers
wants to add or not this dangerous thing.... :p

/Xavier