[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andrew Hull <list at racc2000 dot com>
 To:  M0n0 Wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] can't connect with WAN IP manually set
 Date:  Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:01:03 -0500
Thibodeau, Dale wrote:

> Are you sure that the CP actually stops accepting traffic? Could it be
> that the Mono box no longer talks to the NHR (Next Hop Router) properly?
>
> -The monowall can ping everything on the wan side and lan side
>
> You could confirm this with some ping troubleshooting. Try pinging your
> NHR, ping a client on the LAN side, ping the LAN side of the Mono box
> from a client.
>
> With regards to the CP, what happens when you browse somewhere from a
> client? Do you get the CP page?
>
> -when you browse it just times out.  You can connect to the admin
> interface of the monowall, but it won't grab cp sessions anymore.
>
> Also remember, when using a static IP on the WAN, you must set your DNS
> servers also.
>
> -I set everything on the wan exactly (to my knowledge) like the dhcp
> server.
>
> Andrew

Interesting. I guess at this point, I'd basically start over.

Reset Mono to defaults, and gradually add layers of complexity. I would
probably start by statically assigning the WAN address and getting Mono
to function as a basic NAT router.

If that's successful, then move on to enabling Captive Portal.

Andrew