[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Giobbi, Ryan" <rgiobbi at AGOC dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: UPnP as a possible future option?
 Date:  Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:23:56 -0500
Ok - does anyone have any thoughts on how much this feature would cost
to implement? I am **not promising $X** for the feature, I'm just
curious enough to ask for a price.

<snip>
------
In all seriousness, let me explain something.  Open source works when
people contribute what they want to see in a project.  It *DOES NOT*
work when people do nothing but bitch, moan and complain about what they
want and don't do anything about it.  Want uPNP?  Make an image with
support that works, and submit the code to Manuel and/or the dev list.
Obviously from past threads, those of us that contribute couldn't give a
shit less if uPNP is supported or not.  The other alternative is to
offer up $X for whoever can implement uPNP.  If X is sufficiently large,
someone will do it.  This isn't a whining competition with the winner
getting whatever feature they want.
------
<snip>