[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Remote login to Wireless AP behind m0n0wall on the LAN
 Date:  Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:50:29 -0500
On 12/1/05, Chris Flugstad <chris at cascadelink dot com> wrote:
> I have a Wireless AP on the lan, instead of using the monowall as the AP(ex. 192.168.1.2).  I have
3 AP's actually.  What I am trying to do is remotely log into them using port forwarding.  I did
this easily on my old linksys, but for some reason i think im missing a rule, or something in the
firewall setttings.  What i'd like to do is basicallly put in the WAN IP  with the port that is
forwarded(ex. 216.127.71.160:3333) and have it open up the wireless AP on 192.168.1.2.  Can anyone
help me?

what James posted will work fine, if the AP has a default gateway set
properly and the gateway works as it should.  But, it seems that at
least half the time that this comes up, the AP doesn't use its default
gateway as it should (so no host outside the local network can access
it).  If you have it configured properly and it still doesn't work,
this is almost certainly why.  Make sure the gateway is properly
defined, and if it still doesn't work, make sure the AP is running the
latest firmware.  Some AP's aren't fixable to work with this, in which
case I'd recommend contacting the vendor.

-Chris