[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VLANs and m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 1 Dec 2005 17:23:48 -0500
On 11/30/05, Paul Fournier <august70 at thefourniers dot net> wrote:

> Internal routing on the switch works fine between the vlans!
> Machines on vlan 1 can get out without problem!
>
> Machines on other vlans can not!
>
> I have tried setting up VID's and assigned IP's to each
> VID(10.200.2.1,etc,etc,etc) and added rules to allow access to to internet,
> but they all fail.
>
> What is the best(fool proof method of getting all of these to work?)
> HELP...

You're going to have to be more specific.  Do you want m0n0wall
routing between the VLAN's, or keep the switch doing that?  (ideally
you'd want the switch to do that)  If the switch is doing the VLAN
routing, don't setup VLAN's on m0n0wall.  Setup the switch routes
appropriately, as well as the static routes on m0n0wall, and you'll be
good to go.

-Chris