[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Control Alt Del" <ctrlaltdel at mail dot telepac dot pt>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  use of traffic shaper to limite p2p software.
 Date:  Fri, 2 Dec 2005 00:18:11 -0000
Hi, I'm try to configure traffic shaper to limite the upload of my p2p software to 10kb's.
on the firewall/nat I open the range 4661 - 4675 to the host running the p2p cliente. and all work
good.
on the shaper, I make a pip with 100Kbit/s
 without mask.
on the shaper rules, I've tow rules:
1 linked to the pip 100Kbit/s, wan,
, protocol any, source any, destination any, port 4661 - 4675 direction out.
2 pip 100Kbit/s, wan, protocol any, source anny, 4661 - 4675 destination any.  direction out.
Basicaly, I take the rules created by the magic shaper wisard, and I change the queue to the pip
I've created.
after pressing aply button, the upload of my cliente go's down. Well, all it's ok. but some minutes
after, the upload of my p2p cliente up again to 20 KB/s.
I know I can limite the upload in the client options, but I want to make this with m0n0wall.
any ideias, my config is wrong?
thanks.
ps excuse my english, I hop you can understand my message.
regards, controlaltdel.