[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  chuckm at seafoam dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall-list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRT54G Internal Changes
 Date:  Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:23:59 -1000
1) this has nothing to do with m0n0wall (or pfSense).
2) Your "make matters worse" is incorrect.

a) its not a direct result of "Cisco's takeover of Linksys" (Linksys was
quite happy to be purchased)
b) there is one version of the wrt54 that doesn't run linux.  All the
rest do, even the new 'L' model
     see: http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS4729641740.html
c) its quite possible to build a linux image that will fit in the 2MB
flash/8MB ram constraints of the one wrt54 model
    which ships with vxworks.
d) esr is an idiot.  (see: http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=233 on this subject
and any number of other articles on any number of other subjects)

jim