[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sasa Stupar <sasa at stupar dot homelinux dot net>
 To:  M0n0Wall ML <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Slow speed between LAN and DMZ
 Date:  Sat, 03 Dec 2005 12:51:40 +0100
Hi!

First my hardware: old Compaq Deskpro 2000 5166 with P166, 64MB RAM, 3 NIC
Intel Pro 100S Desktop. My network is 100 Mbit.
In DMZ I have a file server (samba), web, mail. Transfer speed between LAN
and DMZ is max about 50 % of possible ( arround 5200 KBps) with Trafic
Shaper disabled. If I enable Trafic Shaper (with option to share bandwidth
evenly on LAN than speed reaches max at 4200 KBps. If I move server in the
LAN then I have speed at max arround 10000KBps. Server in DMZ is connected
directly to m0n0 DMZ NIC, LAN users are connected via switch to m0n0.
Previously I had Realtek cards 8139 series and they all told me to buy a
good NIC such as Intel. The speed before was about 300 Bps slower than with
Intel NIC.
Is there anyhing to do to boost transfer between LAN and DMZ?

Regards,
Sasa