[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Sasa Stupar <sasa at stupar dot homelinux dot net>
 To:  M0n0Wall ML <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Slow speed between LAN and DMZ
 Date:  Sat, 03 Dec 2005 12:51:40 +0100

First my hardware: old Compaq Deskpro 2000 5166 with P166, 64MB RAM, 3 NIC
Intel Pro 100S Desktop. My network is 100 Mbit.
In DMZ I have a file server (samba), web, mail. Transfer speed between LAN
and DMZ is max about 50 % of possible ( arround 5200 KBps) with Trafic
Shaper disabled. If I enable Trafic Shaper (with option to share bandwidth
evenly on LAN than speed reaches max at 4200 KBps. If I move server in the
LAN then I have speed at max arround 10000KBps. Server in DMZ is connected
directly to m0n0 DMZ NIC, LAN users are connected via switch to m0n0.
Previously I had Realtek cards 8139 series and they all told me to buy a
good NIC such as Intel. The speed before was about 300 Bps slower than with
Intel NIC.
Is there anyhing to do to boost transfer between LAN and DMZ?