[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dave Bayliss" <Dave at dbayliss dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Setting up a VLAN network
 Date:  Sun, 4 Dec 2005 03:57:00 +1300
Hi all,

I want to use the VLAN feature to setup an end to end network heres what I
want to do:

   Customer1                                  Customer1
  +++++++++                                   ++++++++
  + M/wall+ ---------Wireless-----------------+M/WALL+
  +++++++++                                   ++++++++
   Customer2                                  Customer2

The requirements are:

- Its going across a private secure wireless network
- All points of entry to the network are controlled by Monowall (Multiple
Monowalls)
- Customers require layer 2 hence the Vlan, we won't know the IP sub netting
on the client.

Questions:
- I believe Monowall can do this but I am not sure how.
- Do I need any additional hardware like VLAN switches?

Cheers for your help in advance

Dave