[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Daniel Ling" <daniel at argentra dot com>
 To:  "'Ed Chatlos'" <edchat at bellsouth dot net>, "'M0n0Wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] WRT54G Internal Changes
 Date:  Sun, 4 Dec 2005 08:03:22 +0800
Gotcha

Thanks Ed!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Chatlos [mailto:edchat at bellsouth dot net]
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 9:34 PM
To: M0n0Wall

What he means is on some routers there is a feature, and some call it a
security hole, that allows you to type in the WAN IP from the LAN and get to

services on your LAN. So if you were running a FTP server and you wanted to
check that you had setup the port forwarding and FW rules correctly you
could enter the WAN IP of the router in a FTP client and the router would
redirect it back on to your own LAN to see if the FTP server is reachable
from the WAN. M0n0 does NOT have that option without doing some type of DNS
jumping through hoops.

Ed Chatlos