[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kyle" <kyle at feet dot net dot nz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive portal IP of wireless AP not wireless laptop
 Date:  Sun, 4 Dec 2005 23:53:26 +1300
I have had an old version of monowall running for around a year fine, and
decided to upgrade it to a newer version.. all looking very nice, lots of
new features. However I am now having a problem with the captive portal.. I
cant login..

The rules the captive portal adds to the allow tab are for the wireless AP,
not the laptop..

Im using a WRT54GS with the monowall opt1 interface connected to a non-wan
port on the wrt.. (so its not natting or anything silly)

Other than this small fact (which I cant work out why exactly its
happening.. ) as it just keeps going back to the captive portal page..

It obviously uses a different IP source for the packet checking to the
allow0table add functions?