[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Traffic Shaper Question (sharing bandwidth)
 Date:  Sun, 4 Dec 2005 13:23:23 +0100 (MET)
Hello,

I would like to use the traffic shaper in the following way and I am not
sure how to set it up.
I have a WAN connection of 8MBit down and 800kBit up. Several subnets are
being routed through the m0n0wall. One of these subnets "A" should only get
about 500kBit down and about 80kBit up. "A"'s traffic should not be reserved
and that subnet "A" should be given a lower priority. That means if the
other subnets need more bandwidth then they should get it. And if that
specific subnet "A" needs more bandwidth it should *not* get it. And I would
like to integrate it into the predefined traffic shaping rules.
Reason: I give a small part of my bandwidth to others for free via a public
access point. There should be a maximum they can use and their bandwidth
should be smaller than 500/80 if we need more ourselves but if we do not
need it (stay below 7500/720) then they should get 500/80.

Thanks for any tips!
-lutzn