[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Setting up a VLAN network
 Date:  Sun, 4 Dec 2005 19:07:26 -0500
On 12/3/05, Dave Bayliss <Dave at dbayliss dot com> wrote:

> Questions:
> - I believe Monowall can do this but I am not sure how.
> - Do I need any additional hardware like VLAN switches?

You need 802.1q VLAN trunking capable switches (which is most any
fully managed switch less than 5-7 years old or so).  Then you assign
your ports on the switch to VLAN's, set up m0n0wall's port as a trunk
port, use assign interfaces on m0n0wall to add the VLAN's as
interfaces, then you just treat them as normal interfaces.

-Chris