[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  M0n0Wall ML <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Slow speed between LAN and DMZ
 Date:  Sun, 4 Dec 2005 19:16:49 -0500
On 12/3/05, Sasa Stupar <sasa at stupar dot homelinux dot net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> First my hardware: old Compaq Deskpro 2000 5166 with P166, 64MB RAM, 3 NIC
> Intel Pro 100S Desktop. My network is 100 Mbit.
> In DMZ I have a file server (samba), web, mail. Transfer speed between LAN
> and DMZ is max about 50 % of possible ( arround 5200 KBps) with Trafic
> Shaper disabled.

I replied to an older thread of the same earlier today, but getting
this much through a P166 is even better.  That's over 40 Mb, which is
more than I'd expect to get through that slow of a box.  That's about
the max throughput of a WRAP or 4801, at 266 MHz.

I'd be very happy with that.  If you need a full 100 Mb, you need a P3
or better.  Your bus and/or CPU, or a combination of the two, is the
bottleneck.

-Chris