[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive portal IP of wireless AP not wireless laptop
 Date:  Mon, 5 Dec 2005 01:03:39 +0000
Hi,

In message <a0a22b9f0512041638r4da66ddk473b2b8a57e692a0 at mail dot gmail dot com>,
Ervin Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail dot com> writes
>This was an issue I have brought up since July but no working solutions were
>given. Using WRT54G as WAP (not using WAN port) and disabled MAC Filter.
>Sadly, WRT54G - Captive Portal Authentication only works with 1.2b7 for me.
>Anything above that version will simply loop you back to the authentication
>page.
>
>But if you connect through the wired port of the WRT54G, you can
>successfully authenticate.  This problem only happens if you connect
>wirelessly.

Are you able to put either a hub or passive tap between the AP and your
m0n0wall to check the MAC address being sent in the packets from the
wireless client by performing a packet capture?

ATB,

                                Neil.