[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ervin Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive portal IP of wireless AP not wireless laptop
 Date:  Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:24:41 +0800
Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, Neil, because I am a newbie in terms of networking so I
do not know how put a passive tap and check if MAC address are being sent.

What I only observe whenever I try to authenticate a wireless client is that
the wireless AP's (WRT54G) MAC address gets authenticated but the wireless
client's MAC does not get authenticated. But when authenticating the wired
clients through the LAN ports of WRT54G, the MAC of the AP plus the MAC of
the wired client gets authenticated.

I see those info, btw, at m0n0wall's captive portal logs.

Thanks!