[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joe Rodiguez Jr." <jrodriguezjr at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Layered Monowall Network Configuration
 Date:  Mon, 5 Dec 2005 00:51:19 -0600
Hi All,

I am sure that these questions have been asked before but I searched high
and low and could not find anything on the subject.

First a little background..... I was casually just looking at some of the
photos on the gallery of the Monowall homepage that showed how different
folks around the globe have configured Monowall.  One particular one that
sparked my interest was a photo by Jeroen Visser off the gallery page that
showed his configuration with multiple firewall layers.  According to the
photo this gentlemen submitted, he has a main firewall and other "routing"
firewalls under the main firewall using monowall.

I am very interested in this type of configuration.  Here are my questions
regarding this:
1. Does this layered firewall approach have a name for this type of
configuration?
2. Does anyone know of any monowall recourses that they could point me to
get more information?
3. Is this configuration documented?
4. What type of advantages/disadvantages does this configuration have?

And lastly, on a separate note, are there any load balancing/failover
features planned for monowall in the future?

Thanks in advance.

Joe