[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  "Giobbi, Ryan" <rgiobbi at AGOC dot com>
 Cc:  chuckm at seafoam dot net, m0n0wall-list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRT54G Internal Changes
 Date:  Mon, 05 Dec 2005 05:57:17 -1000
This is *so* not m0n0.

Proof by existence (not for wrt54, but the rtl8181, a remarkably similar
SoC (which.. we used to sell).

See: http://www.smallworks.com/archives/00000388.htm, in particular

> The rtl8181 project (on sourceforge) has source for a 2MB version of
> linux running an 802.11 AP. (There is new code released under the GPL
> for the rtl8186 "11g" AP-on-a-chip, too.)

(Pardon my pointing to my own blog, and the flamage of esr that it
contains.)

The 2MB/8MB image has:
dhcp server & client
WPA with radius
web server for configuration
iptables & routing

no idea on pppoe

Broadcom has always offered its ODMs both vxworks and linux for the 47xx
platforms.   Always.  (We're a source-licensee of Broadcom's, and have
been since before the wrt54 was introduced.)

jim