[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: PPTP Server not working
 Date:  Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:01:32 -0600
From: "Robert" <valnar at yahoo dot com>

> No one else has a problem with PPTP?

Well, this sure shows you do not search thoroughly.  There are several
threads of problems like this with PPtP.

>> I have a WRAP board with the 1.2 release and cannot get PPTP Server
>> working (any more).  I used to work fine on 1.1 and some of the beta
>> releases.  I even wiped it clean and put in all my favorite preferences
>> from scratch and it still doesn't work properly.

>> I added the firewall rule which allows PPTP clients access to all other
>> interfaces, and that successfully allowed my laptop to ping the internal
>> m0n0wall LAN IP address, but no further.  I still cannot get to any
>> internal machines.  Is there another firewall rule or trick I need to do?
>> Do I need to change anything on the NAT page?

I have several boxes out in production.  (Over 10 now)  One of them I can
PPtP in, and get out on the internet with that IP address, and ping all m0n0
interfaces, but nothing on the LAN subnet.  I have not had time to figure
out why.  Others with a similar problem found resetting to default, and
building the config via the web gui fixed it.  I have left mine "broken" to
examine closely when I have time.  I still have not had time.

                        Lee