[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vince Van De Coevering <vpv at figaros dot com>
 To:  'Roy Daikawa' <rdaikawa at daikawa dot com>, "'Monowall (E-mail)'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] DL360 Setup Issue
 Date:  Mon, 5 Dec 2005 09:29:29 -0800
Does the m0n0 kernel have support for the Compaq raid drivers?

Can you install the image on a single drive and attach that to the built in
SCSI channel?  In other words, eliminate the raid card.

If you want to use the raid card you will need to build a custom kernel that
support the particular card (Smart2?).  Most Compaq servers have limited IDE
capability (basic CD support) so you'll either need to use the raid card or
bypass it and use plain old SCSI.

You may also want to take a look at this document
http://www.cpqlinux.com/freeBSD-CPQ.txt

Vince Van De Coevering
IT Manager
Figaro's Italian Pizza, Inc.