[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert" <valnar at yahoo dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] RE: PPTP Server not working
 Date:  Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:19:07 -0500
I have looked at every post regarding my problem and 99% of them say to
simply make sure there is a PPTP rule which allows access to the LAN.  I did
that a long time ago.

As I said, it used to work fine with the betas.  With 1.2, something is
broken.

I've done the following and had an interesting result:

* Connected a computer via PPTP to my m0n0wall.
* Had laptop continually ping a computer on my LAN, which *should* respond,
but doesn't.  Result is typical "request timed out"
* Under Interfaces:WAN, made a change to the "Block Private networks"
checkbox.  This allowed a single ICMP packet to go through while it was
saving, then it went back to request timed out.  Somehow this is clearing
something to work, although I can find nothing in the logs indicating it.

-Robert