[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive portal IP of wireless AP not wireless laptop
 Date:  Mon, 5 Dec 2005 22:56:30 +0000
Hi,

In message
<a0a22b9f0512042124q57e4afacuab0075c3e18a08e7 at mail dot gmail dot com>, Ervin
Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail dot com> writes
>Hi,
>
>Pardon my ignorance, Neil, because I am a newbie in terms of networking
>so I do not know how put a passive tap and check if MAC address are
>being sent.
>
>What I only observe whenever I try to authenticate a wireless client is
>that the wireless AP's (WRT54G) MAC address gets authenticated but the
>wireless client's MAC does not get authenticated. But when
>authenticating the wired clients through the LAN ports of WRT54G, the
>MAC of the AP plus the MAC of the wired client gets authenticated.
>
>I see those info, btw, at m0n0wall's captive portal logs.

OK.  I know there was someone else on the list who had the same problem.
Is there anyone here with this problem that can perform a packet capture
between the wireless AP and m0n0wall to ensure that the AP isn't hiding
everything behind its own MAC address?

HTH,

                                Neil.