[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "Manuel Lanctot" <mlanctot at forcom dot ca>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] PPTP broken?
 Date:  Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:06:28 +0100
As far as I was able to test this seems like an path mtu detection issue.

m0n0 1.2 PPTP-Server at WAN1 SDSL ISP1

Windows XP SP2 Client at WAN2 ADSL ISP2 can't connect

Windows XP SP2 Client at WAN3 ADSL ISP3 can connect at the same time the other client fails

Windows XP SP2 Client with WAN MTU bigger than m0n0 1.2 PPTP-Servers WAN1 always can connect

I don't know why m0n0 1.11 does things different but maybe this hint gets someone started. With m0n0
1.11 everybody always can connect from everywhere.

Holger

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit