[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  JT <j dot tarot at tecsas dot fr>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Firewall Topologys
 Date:  Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:32:41 +0100
> In the interest of security and using monowall, what type of
> firewall topologies are folks implementing with Monowall.  Please
> keep in mind that this question is asked from the standpoint other
> than the straight out of box WAN->LAN->OPT (DMZ) configuration?
>
> I would be interested in documenting for the group more complex
> designs that include routing firewalls and VLAN approaches.

See my message "SDSL/MPLS cross-site link"... I'm setting up this for
a client with commercial office in Paris and production building in
south of France.

Both sites have ADSL (PPPoE w/ fixed IPs) for Internet trafic and road
warriors VPN connections (ATM PPTP, but would like to switch to
OpenVPN).

Offices are (will be ;P ) linked through a SDSL 1/1 Mbps MPLS VPN
mainly dedicated to cross-site ERP and VoIP trafic.

Production building also hosts a DMZ for the mail server.

Finally, both sites have WLAN zones for meeting rooms and visitors.

          wan (ADSL,PPPoE)         wan (ADSL,PPPoE)
   wlan    |                       |
       \   |                       |
        \  |    SDSL (MPLS VPN)    |
         m0n0 -------------------m0n0---wlan
    dmz    lan                     lan

Bests

PS: Will soon have a more detailed, nicer schema done in Dia (or
Inkscape now that it has connectors ! :D )... will be pleased to
share it, just tell.

--

sur ce que l'on fait le reste du temps.