[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  An odd problem with DHCP
 Date:  Wed, 7 Dec 2005 02:41:10 -0600
First, this is not a m0n0 problem, but I am wondering if anyone has seen it,
and how best to deal with in within m0n0. This was on a simi-public system
running 1.2stable on a P2 450 with 128 meg of ram.

A symptom of sluggish performance of the gui while troubleshooting an
unrelated user issue.

When looking at the DHCP leases, I found one client entry up to 4 times a
minute.  This meant whenever I loaded the DHCP leases table, or the ARP
table, I would spike CPU for a minute or so.  Since this was on a 3 Mb
connection, no one noticed, but I was concerned.  What could cause this, and
how would 2 client boxes with this problem effect the machine?  Any
thoughts?

                        Lee