[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  florian broder <flobroed at googlemail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Radius Attributes / Captive Portal
 Date:  Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:40:29 +0100
Hi.

I've read, that there's a new image with enhanced RADIUS suport, e.g.
"Mac-Auth". :)

In the "official" image, there seems to be only support for a simple form,
which captures the user-name and user-password and then queries a given
RADIUS Server.

Is it possible to add additional attributes to the Access-Request package?
What I have in mind is, that the captive portal generates some kind of
"random" (e.g. take one from 20 possibilities) sentence or number, and based
on that number you have to supply a different password (no. 1 -> pass x;
no.2 -> pass y...). The generated number will be send with the
access-request package to the radius, and then matched against the given
user and password.

It's really just a thing I had in mind for some playing at home and bugging
my users. ;)

Bye.