[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Rhon-Kaniel Bramwell" <rhonkaniel at anngel dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] RE: Radius Attributes / Captive Portal
 Date:  Wed, 7 Dec 2005 17:13:47 +0100
>What Id Love to See With Radius Attributes/Captive Portal is a way to
>specify the amount of time a user is allowed to login for and have the
>captive portal kick the user at session time = "defined value".
>Is this already possible?

Yes, with RADIUS Session-Timeout expected this month in 1.21 or the
current radius testing images... and in combination with 1minute
re-authentication you can also do the volume limit stuff...

>Im trying to get this work using freeradius authenticating to a mysql
>database of users.. but im having some difficulty with this atm.. Im
new
>to this and a bit lost.
>Any Help for me?

Search the list for download volume limit. I already gave an example how
to do this. The total session-time mechanism works the same.

Further questions about freeradius should be posted to the freeradius
mailing list

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve