Hi I was hoping someone could help me configure my setup so that I can
access the Internet from PC's behind my m0n0wall. Here is my setup.
INTERNET -> ADSL Modem - > m0n0wall -> LAN computer.
The settings are as follows:
- ADSL connection on a Dlink 302G with a Dynamic WAN side IP Address and the
internal IP Address of 10.1.1.1 it is in DMZ mode forwarding all traffic to
- m0n0wall with WAN IP Address 10.1.1.3, gateway 10.1.1.1 DNS 22.214.171.124
and 126.96.36.199 (these dns numbers are what the Dlink used to provide my
computer via DHCP before the addition of the m0n0wall). the LAN IP Address
of the m0n0wall is 192.168.0.6.
- My computer IP Address is 192.168.0.7/255.255.255.0 gateway and DNS server
- From My computer I can ping 192.168.0.6 and access the http config pages.
I can ping 10.1.1.3 and get a reply, I cannot ping 10.1.1.1, I recieve a
reply from 192.168.0.6 saying destination unreachable. I have also tried
pinging my work server 219.89.198.XX with no luck either.
- From the m0n0wall I can ping both 10.1.1.1 and 192.168.0.7
I have Firewall rules setup for both LAN and WAN to allow everything for all
protocols with all destinations and all ports, but I still cannot access the
internet. After I do a ping from my machine and look at the log for the
firewall it appears to be blocked and I am not sure why? I was hoping
someone could help me figure out what is causing the problem and confirm
that my configuration is correct. I am a newbie to m0n0wall and presume I am