[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Announce: Virtual M0n0wall Development Environment released
 Date:  Wed, 7 Dec 2005 17:51:34 -0600
After very little anticipation, I have released my VMDE in a alpha state.
:-)  VDME is a Qemu image of FreeBSD 4.11 patched to m0n0wall standards, and
kernel recompiled.  It also has cli php, workon4.sh and m0n0image.php
installed, and a working KDE environment.  No file is over 2 gig, so it will
also work on uncooperative Windows versions.  http://www.hosted.net.nz/VMDE/
The hosting is a gift from Dave Bayliss, so be kind in downloading, and
share when you can.  Mirror sites welcome!  The image is 637meg, and you
will also need Qemu.  It is early, but workable way to unpack, modify and
compress images from windows.  My hope is that this will lower the barriers
to entry, and allow a lot more development to take place.  Feedback welcome.

                        Lee