[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] New Ethernet cards?
 Date:  Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:22:24 -0500
On 12/8/05, Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be> wrote:

> I'm using HP servers with Broadcom gigabit cards and don't have
> problems.
>
> I run them on FreeBSD, Linux and windows 2003 and got speeds of ~
> 900Mbit/s (iperf statistics)
> Even with a P3 1,3Ghz cpu (serverboard with 133Mhz pci-x slots)
>
> I also don't have crashes and run m0n0wall on it without any problems.

I should have added I know there are people who are running them
without any problems at all.  But I know several people on the pfsense
lists have had as many or more troubles as I have.  And I've done a
lot of Googling, and the particular issues I've seen have been
experienced by many, many other people and the only "solution" I've
seen from anyone is to replace the NIC's with something else.  For
this reason, if I were looking at NIC's to buy, it wouldn't be
Broadcom.

-Chris