[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Peter B." <monowall at linuxnet dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Something is wrong with Monowall 1.2 and Rules
 Date:  Fri, 09 Dec 2005 21:04:50 +0100
Hi all

I have a problem with monowall which I'm trying to solve since some weeks.
I had bevore a complete VLAN config and rebuilt everything because I was
thinking there is something wrong with monowall and VLAN tagging.

Now I have the same problem with a LAN and WAN Interface.

This is my setup:

Internet <-> Monowall <-> LAN

My LAN Port got ip
In the LAN I have a public ip-range on a device where the routing and
everything is right configured.
I can see drops in firewall log when I try to ping something out in the
internet or do other communications.

Now I setup the following rule at the LAN Interface:
UDP       5060       5060 -> SIP to

The following I see in the filter log:
LAN, port 5060, port 5060      UDP
LAN, port 5060, port 5060     UDP
LAN, port 5060, port 5060     UDP

So why is mono blocking this traffic even when I specify the RIGHT rule
on the LAN Interface?

Do I have to specify the same rule again on the WAN Interface?

I don't know what more to troubleshoot in this case.

Remember is routed on my local network.

Thanks for any answer