[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Collins" <jason at mammothcomputers dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Compact Flash Adapters for PC installation
 Date:  Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:07:09 -0600
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a compact flash to
IDE adapter that will work with the generic PC image using newer Intel
mainboards?  I've tried a few different ones from Addonics which crash
the system at various stages during boot and a generic one which would
not boot at all in an Intel motherboard.  Alternatively, suggestions for
properly configuring a CF to IDE adapter and getting it to work without
crashing would be appreciated as well.  We've settled for now on using
an Adaptec USB floppy/CF reader, but have found the boot time in newer
motherboards to be excessively long -- + 7 minutes.  We'd assumed that
was because FreeBSD 4 did not have USB 2.0 drivers for the newer
chipsets from Intel (915 and higher).  Anyway, assistance, thoughts,
commentary would be most welcome.