[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ben R. Serebin" <ben at reefsolutions dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Issues with Server NAT & 1:1 for port fwding
 Date:  Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:31:05 -0500
Hello All,

Damn SonicWall SOHO2 died... :-(  So, I'm seeing if I can use m0n0wall as a replacement. Running
m0n0wall with the "most recent version of m0n0wall" on a Soekris board.

** Issue **
Getting additional IPs working with port fwding. Primary WAN IP, works with port fwding working
(inbound NAT w/WAN rules).

** What I attempted **
Add a 2nd WAN IP using Server NAT & inbound NAT w/ option "Auto-add a firewall rule to permit
traffic through this NAT rule".
- Server NAT shows my 2nd WAN IP
- Inbound NAT entry shows TCP 80 HTTP, NAT Internal IP (ext.:2nd WAN IP) Int. port range 80 (HTTP)
- Firewall WAN Rule: TCP, *, *, Internal IP 2nd Server, 80 HTTP

I also attempted to do 1:1 NAT, since this is what I had on my SonicWall. But, that also didn't
work. Can someone explain the purpose for adding a 2nd IP using either method. The docs don't really
say very much.

If we can figure this out, I'll happily write documentation on the process.

Thanks,
-Ben