[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ben R. Serebin" <ben at reefsolutions dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Issues with Server NAT & 1:1 for port fwding
 Date:  Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:48:17 -0500
Hello All,

Wow... great UI.... note sarcasm. (If you want me to contribute info to docs, let me know.) Found
the problem with Server NAT. One must not select the External Address for the 2nd WAN IP on Inbound
NAT rules. Leave it at "Interface address" for Server NAT under Firewall:NAT rule.

Example of how to add protocol after adding IP in Server NAT.

Interface: WAN
External address: (leave it on Interface address)
Protocol: select protocol (e.g. SMTP)
External port range: (e.g. SMTP)
NAT IP: (e.g. internal IP of server hosting protocol)
Local port: (e.g. SMTP)
[check this box] Auto-add a firewall rule to permit traffic through this NAT rule
[select Apply changes]

-Ben