[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Peter B." <monowall at linuxnet dot ch>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Something is wrong with Monowall 1.2 and Rules
 Date:  Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:18:42 +0100
Chris Buechler wrote:

Hi Chris

>then only 172.16.1.0/24 IP's can be on your LAN, unless you have a
>router on your LAN (and static routes configured appropriately for
>that router).

I forgot to tell, YES I have a static route for this network.
There's a cisco router on LAN 172.16.1.254/24 where the 62.12.146.136/29
network is behind.

>  The traffic from those public IP's is dropped because
>those IP's are not within your LAN subnet, and not defined by any
>static routes, therefore can't be a valid network off that interface.

So I need to tell monowall on a different way that 62.12.146.136/29 is
also a network at the LAN port? how?

>If you have a public/separate IP subnet, you have to put it off of a
>different interface (physical or virtual).

I can't because it's behind another router.

>As for the VLAN setup, that would work fine, if you have the trunk
>port and VLAN tags configured appropriately.

Yes I did this and everything was working except that monowall was
dropping also everything coming from the vlans.

>-Chris

Thanks

Peter