[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Peter B." <monowall at linuxnet dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Something is wrong with Monowall 1.2 and Rules
 Date:  Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:09:07 +0100
Peter B. wrote:

> Chris Buechler wrote:
>
> Hi Chris
>
>> then only 172.16.1.0/24 IP's can be on your LAN, unless you have a
>> router on your LAN (and static routes configured appropriately for
>> that router).
>>
> I forgot to tell, YES I have a static route for this network.
> There's a cisco router on LAN 172.16.1.254/24 where the
> 62.12.146.136/29 network is behind.

Hello everybody

I just figured it out what my problem is!

Sort of a "never configure a firewall during the night" error.

The static route i specified was setup on the WAN interface and not on
the LAN interface. So Monowall could never know that this network was
comming from "internal".

Thanks a lot for all your help!
And sorry for any circumstances!

Peter