[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert" <valnar at yahoo dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Robust enough for heavy duty?
 Date:  Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:19:03 -0500
I would get a better Sonicwall.  As much as I like the m0n0wall, as others
have said, it can't handle as many states as a Sonicwall.  I've hit that
limit before if you have multiple people doing Bittorrent or something
similar.  Heck, even one virus knocked out our Pro 200 Sonicwall until I
found the infected PC and took care of it.  Featurewise the two are
comparable, although I could never get Sonicwall's version of 'captive
portal' to work well.

If you have the money to spend, the Pro 2040 or 3060 are excellent
firewalls.  If you need more advanced rule sets, the enhanced firmware may
be worth it too.

Robert