[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ben R. Serebin" <ben at reefsolutions dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wireless AP recommendations
 Date:  Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:52:18 -0500
Hello All,

	I've never tried the 3Com, and have heard little about it, but
I'll test it out.

	As per my recommendation, I'm on the board of NYCwireles (read:
spend too much time with wireless), so this is something I have a lot of
experience with.

Good APs (very stable, and Win/Mac mgmt exists for all below)
- Apple AirPort Extreme (yes, Windows admin exists - primary AP I
recommend due to cost and flexibility and support for WPA2 & WDS)
- Apple AirPort Express for WDS repeating and bare bones but stable AP
(no ethernet interface)
- Cisco 1100 (fixed antenna) / 1200 (antenna support)
- Soekris using Pebble (NoCAT included,
http://www.nycwireless.net/pebble/ or view the new website
nycwireless.net)

Average