[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Dugas" <paul at dugas dot cc>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wireless AP recommendations
 Date:  Sat, 10 Dec 2005 18:02:38 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, December 10, 2005 2:45 pm, Jonathan De Graeve wrote:
> Unless you talk about the features etc the netgears have good
> performance in their price range... (cisco etc are at least 3x the cost
> of 1 netgear)

$30 for a Netgear WG602v3 won in my last search.  I find their signal
quality better thatn the Linksys units I've used.  I've a few in place
that have never been rebooted since being installed in April.  I do wish
it had WPA-RADIUS support though but we're not there yet.

One note, I'd avoid picking up a router/ap combo unit (sometimes they're
actually cheaper) if you are just going to use the AP part.  At least with
the Linksys combo units I've dealt with, disabling IGMP and some other
noise isn't possible.  My mono logs were jammed with firewall messages
about blocked traffic from these units.

$0.02.

--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer           Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas dot cc     phone: 404-932-1355   522 Black Canyon Park