[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  d google <dgoogle at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  [m0n0wall] Problem after installing to HD
 Date:  Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:40:15 -0800 (PST)
Please be gentle, its my first post.

Just downloaded and installed generic-pc-1.2.img onto:
1. VIA CL10000 motherboard + 512M RAM
2. 2 x onboard Rhino NIC ports
3. Netgear 10/100 PCI card
4. IDE Hard disk
5. keyboard and display

m0n0wall identified:
dc0 Netgear NIC   (my LAN interface)
vr0 Onboard Rhino (my WAN interface, not configured at
this time)
vr1 Onboard Rhino (my DMZ interface, not configured at
this time)

1. Installed image using knoppix + command: 'gunzip -c
generic-pc-xxx.img | dd of=/dev/hda bs=16k'.
2. System boots ok.
3. Configured the LAN port and IP for my management
network + NO DHCP server on LAN + NO VLANs.
4. Tried to connect to LAN interface with management
host.
        This FAILS.
5. Rebooted box.
6. Tired to connect to LAN interface again.
        This FAILS.
        I checked the screen after reboot and it shows
the IP I configured on the LAN interface.
        This indicated to me that writing changes to
HD is ok.

7. Tried sniffing the network to see if anything was
coming out of the LAN interface.
        NOTHING from the LAN interface.

During the installation all NIC interfaces where
identified and the one I am using for the LAN was up.

Can anyone shed any light on what this problems may
be?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

cheers,
dg