Please be gentle, its my first post.
Just downloaded and installed generic-pc-1.2.img onto:
1. VIA CL10000 motherboard + 512M RAM
2. 2 x onboard Rhino NIC ports
3. Netgear 10/100 PCI card
4. IDE Hard disk
5. keyboard and display
dc0 Netgear NIC (my LAN interface)
vr0 Onboard Rhino (my WAN interface, not configured at
vr1 Onboard Rhino (my DMZ interface, not configured at
1. Installed image using knoppix + command: 'gunzip -c
generic-pc-xxx.img | dd of=/dev/hda bs=16k'.
2. System boots ok.
3. Configured the LAN port and IP for my management
network + NO DHCP server on LAN + NO VLANs.
4. Tried to connect to LAN interface with management
5. Rebooted box.
6. Tired to connect to LAN interface again.
I checked the screen after reboot and it shows
the IP I configured on the LAN interface.
This indicated to me that writing changes to
HD is ok.
7. Tried sniffing the network to see if anything was
coming out of the LAN interface.
NOTHING from the LAN interface.
During the installation all NIC interfaces where
identified and the one I am using for the LAN was up.
Can anyone shed any light on what this problems may
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around