I've got a full Class C that i'm trying to put a monowall firewall (Pc CD)
in front of, lets call my network class c: 22.214.171.124/24
- i've got 3 NICs setup as WAN LAN DMZ
- lets call my router 126.96.36.199 connected to WAN
- my monowall 188.8.131.52
- my network layer 2 switch connected to DMZ port
- all my servers i want to have as public IP addresses.
- and my servers are 184.108.40.206- 220.127.116.11
- all on a /24 mask
- for simplicity, lets say only ports 80 to pass through
how in the world do i set up my DMZ to allow it to have public IPs on it?
i cant figure out whether to use bridging, static routes, NAT, 1:1 NAT, etc
the other confusion i have, is what is the difference between the WAN LAN
DMZ tabs on the web Rules GUI vs the WAN LAN DMZ "source" drop down menu.
seems like an oxymoron that i can define a DMZ rule but specify the LAN port
as the source.
thanks from a firewall n00b