[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <tech at adaptive dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problem setting up DMZ for public IPs
 Date:  Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:41:17 -0500
I've got a full Class C that i'm trying to put a monowall firewall (Pc CD)
in front of, lets call my network class c: 123.123.123.0/24

- i've got 3 NICs setup as WAN LAN DMZ
- lets call my router 123.123.123.1 connected to WAN
- my monowall 123.123.123.2
- my network layer 2 switch connected to DMZ port
- all my servers i want to have as public IP addresses.
- and my servers are 123.123.123.3- 123.123.123.254
- all on a /24 mask
- for simplicity, lets say only ports 80 to pass through

how in the world do i set up my DMZ to allow it to have public IPs on it?
i cant figure out whether to use bridging, static routes, NAT, 1:1 NAT, etc

the other confusion i have, is what is the difference between the WAN LAN
DMZ tabs on the web Rules GUI vs the WAN LAN DMZ "source" drop down menu.
seems like an oxymoron that i can define a DMZ rule but specify the LAN port
as the source.

thanks from a firewall n00b