[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Garrett" <glc at c dash email dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] HTTP server + dyndns.com service
 Date:  Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:18:38 -0800
On 12/12/05, Garrett <glc at c dash email dot com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Trying to setup a web server with the dyndns.com
> service.
>
> Firewall: NAT: Inbound:
>
> WAN | TCP | 80 (HTTP) | alias_of_my_http_server
| 80
> (HTTP)
>
> Firewall: Rules: WAN:
>
> TCP | * | * | alia_of_my_http_server | 80 (HTTP)
>

>when you ping your dyndns hostname, does it
resolve to your current
>public IP?

yes

>If so, and you're trying to access it by hostname
from the
>LAN, it's this:
>http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-lannat.html

This isn't the problem.  It doesn't resolve form
outside my LAN.  In a post I have on
craigslist.com, I inserted a link to a pic on my
web server and that pic won't load within my
post....And I just tried the global IP (instead of
the dyndns hostname) and the pic still won't load,
so something else is wrong.